The Systems Engineering and Advanced Technology team is responsible for architecture, algorithms and software development of intelligent wireless 5G network solutions, with a strong focus on developing advanced next generation 5G concepts and prototypes. The team is growing, and we are looking for a new member. Together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts, you will work on building solutions with a significant impact to products and business. The role reports to ________. We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic candidate to play a leading role in our advanced technology activity. The candidate should have a deep understanding and experience with cellular 3GPP NR PHY/MAC architecture and the ability to technically lead innovation work that will include system modeling, simulation, performance analysis and multi-disciplinary POCs.
What you’ll do:
• Subject matter expert and key pivot in the company’s advanced technology activity.
• Key contributor in the ideation of innovative, commercially viable 5G network solutions to be the target for our next advanced technology work.
• Scope define and architect the proof of concept activity of our next generation advanced 5G network solutions.
• Investigate and develop advanced radio resource allocation, power control and link adaptation algorithms for beamformed massive MIMO systems.
• Support the Systems Engineering work, to develop and architect the company’s next generation products.
• Interface with product management and marketing to provide support for customer meetings, RFI and RFP responses.
• Engage with standard bodies, academic and technology organizations to promote collaboration with the industry and stay abreast of technology development.
היברידי, אזור השפלה, תל-אביב והמרכז
Background & Competencies Required:
• MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in development of cross-layer (MAC/PHY) critical feature for 4G/5G systems
• Broad understanding of wireless 4G/5G cellular systems, including 5G Core, network slicing, SON, Mobility, Massive MIMO and Mobile Edge Computing.
• Deep understanding of MAC and PHY layers from both implementation and 3GPP spec standpoint.
• Experience in cellular systems simulations and performance analysis.
• Familiarity with ORAN, Flex-Ran and split architectures, FPGA acceleration will be a plus.
• Experience interfacing with Physical layer devices, DFE, RFE, Soft-radios, Antenna arrays will be a definite plus.
• Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable